This TopBlogMania teach you How to Create “folders” in Gmail. Here we need to understand folders means “labels” with the same concept where you can create a new label in desktop or Gmail App for iPhone and Android. The sad part is that Android users can’t create new label in Gmail App, you need to access Desktop version of the Gmail. Once you will create a new label you can easily be able to categorize these label according to your requirement within the App as well according to your requirement.
Step 1 : Open Gmail. Go to https://www.gmail.com in your desktop web browsers. From this link you will be able to open Gmail automatically if you are logged in if not then you need to enter Email address and then click Next and than enter your Password and click Next.
Step 2 : Select one or two or many more which you want then click the checkbox in the left side of the mail and select it. Just remember it’s compulsory to select an email if you have to create a label though you can remove the mail from that label later on.
Step 3 : Now you need to click on the “Label” Image . It will be display once you will select the email, it will display just below the search bar.
Step 4: Now click Create new Option in the drop down menu.
Step 5: Here you need to enter the name of the label. in the Pop-up window’s “Please enter a new label name”. Here you can type the name of your folder or label.
Step 6: Now you need to click on the Create option shows above. Once you will click created than your label will be created.
Now there is another Question arise.
How to add Email to the label or Folder?
- Select the Email which you want to add in label. If you want you can multiple emails in the lable as well.
- Click the “Move” Icon.
- Click on it and all the Email which you had selected before will be move to the newly created lable.
How to Make a Folder on the iPhone Email App?
It’s takes very few taps to create folder in Apple app as well. Below are the steps, We have describe how you can create label in Apple app.
- Step 1: Open gmail app on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Now from inbox tap the icon (<) in upper-left corner.
- Step 3: Tap edit at the top screen section.
- Step 4: Now select new Mailbox in the bottom right corner.
- Step 5: Now add the name as per your requirement.
- Step 6: If you want you can pick different folder, click account under Mailbox and select parent folder.
- Step 7: Then tap Save and you are done.
I know you will have other question.
How to Move Messages to a Newly created Custom Mailbox?
Once you receive emails in your inboxes, you can directly transfer it to the custom folders/labels which you’ve created. That will help you to organize them in a better manner.
- Step 1: Open your iPhone Gmail app.
- Step 2: On the Mailbox, tap the mail containing messages you want to move.
- Step 3: Tap Edit, then select the email you want to move, for selection tap the circle it will turn into blue and then tap move.
- Step 4: Select the newly created label and move the chosen mail.