Subramanian Swamy (born 15 September 1939) is an Indian politician, economist and statistician. He serves as a member of Parliament in Rajya Sabha. He was also the member of Planning commission of India and was a Cabinet Minster in Chandra Shekhar government between between 10 November 1990 and 21 June 1991.
|Real Name||Subramanian Swamy|
|Profession||Indian Politician, economist and a statistician|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
|Political Journey||• He was one of the founding members of Janata Dal and was the cabinet minister as well.
• He was elected 5 times Parliament member Between 1974 and 1999.
• During 1990-91 he was a member of Planning Commission of India and also worked as a Cabinet Minister of Commerce and Law during same period.
• He was also worked as the Chairman of the Commission on Labour Standards and International Trade between 1994 and 1996.
• Till 2013 he was the President of Janata Dal and after that he joined BJP After serving as the President of Janata Party till 2013 and announce that Janata Dal will merge with BJP.
• In 2016, he was become Member of Rajya Sabha by the President of India, When >Narendra Modi was the 14th PM of India.
|Biggest Rival||Sonia and Rahul Gandhi|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 76 kg
in Pounds- 168 lbs
|Date of Birth||15 September 1939|
|Age (as in 2019)||80 Years|
|Birth Place||Mylapore, Madras Presidency, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Hometown||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|College||Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, India|
|University||University of Delhi
|Educational Qualifications||B.Sc. Mathematics
PhD in Economics
|Debut||Academic– After obtaining his doctorate in Economics from Harvard University in 1965, Swamy became an assistant professor at the same university and later in 1969, he was made an associate professor.
Politics– Swamy was involved in an political movement called Sarvodaya which result the formation of a strong political party called Janata Party in 23 January 1977.
|Family||Father– Sitaram Subramanian
Mother– Padmavati Subramanian
Brother– Ram Subramanian
Sister– Not Known
|Address||AB-14, Pandara Road,
• Swamy dehisce controversy statement with his tweet that at that time RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan is not mentally a complete Indian.
• National Herald case, Swamy On 1 November 2012 Swamy alleged Sonia and Rahul Gandhi that they have committed fraud grab ₹20 billion (US$290 million) by acquiring a public ltd company called Associated Journals Private Ltd (AJPL) via their own private company, Young Indian. It was formed on 23 November 2010.
• On 22 February 2016, Swamy filed a PIL in the Supreme Court of India and ask to allow construction of Rama temple at the disputed site where Babri Masjid was demolished Sangh parivar karsevaks on December 6, 1992.
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Roxna Swamy (m. 1966)
Daughter– Gitanjali Swamy (Entrepreneur & Private equity professional)
Suhasini Haider (Print & Television Journalist)
|Net Worth (approx.)||$100K-1M Approx.|