|Full Name||Amitbhai Anilchandra Shah|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
|Political Journey||• In 1983, he became the leader of RSS’s student wing Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP).
• In 1984, he became a member of BJP
• In 1987, he became an activist of BJP’s youth wing Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM).
• In 1995, he was elected as an MLA from the Sarkhej Constituency in Gujarat and become an MLA for 4 times from the same constituency.
• In 2009, he got the position of vice-president of the cash-rich Gujarat Cricket Association (GCA).
• In 2014, he became the president of BJP.
• In 2017, he became member of Rajya Sabha from Gujarat.
• In 30 May 2019, he became Home Minister of India.
• On 5 Aug 2019, he passed the bill for J&K and Ladhak to convert it into UT(union teritory) and scrap the Home Minister of India.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 90 kg
in Pounds- 198 lbs
|Hair Colour||Black & White|
|Date of Birth||22 October 1964|
|Age (as in 2018)||54 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mehsana, Gujarat, India|
|School||Government School in Mehsana, Gujarat|
|College||C.U Shah Science College, Ahmedabad|
|Educational Qualifications||B.Sc. in Biochemistry|
|Family||Father– Anilchandra Shah
Mother– Kusumben Shah
Brother– Not Known
Sister– Aarthi Shah
|Hobbies||Reading, Watching cricket, Internet Surfing and Social Service|
|Address||16, Sudeep Society, Royal Crisant, Near Jalsa Party Plot, Sarkhej-Gandhinagar Highway, Ahmedabad – 380013|
|Controversies||• Shah was considered as one of the main contenders for the Gujarat Chief Minister’s post. However, his political career was hurt by this arrest in 2012. Even he was banned to visit Gujarat as well but in 2012 Supreme court allowed him to enter in Gujrat.
• He was also one of the accused of “Fake Encounter Case” of Sohrabuddin Sheikh, his wife Kauser Bi and his accomplice Tulsiram Prajapati.
• In 2013, He was also accused of having illegal ordered of surveillance on a woman in 2009.
|Favourite Food||Khaman Dhokla|
|Favourite Politician||Narendra Modi|
Son– Jay Shah
|Salary (as a Member of Parliament)||Rs. 1 Lakh + Other Allowances
Note: In 2019, he filled affidavit mentioned the sources of income as salary received as Rajya Sabha MP, rent on properties he have and other income from agricultural activities
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 38.81 crore (as in 2019)|